Sunday, April 22, 2012

Alevis: Part II

Alevi characteristics
1. humanism
2. love and respect for all people
3. tolerance toward other religions and ethnic groups
4. respect for working people
5. equality of men and women, who pray side by side.

Aleviism passes through the father's blood. My daughter is Alevi, according to Mustafa and according to all the Alevis whom I spoke to. Even if she lives far from Turkey and is not raised as an Alevi, she's still an Alevi child. I hope this means she will be able to play a musical instrument, preferably the saz or the baglama.

1 comment:

  1. Every now and then, I look on amazon to see how much I'd have to shell out if I really wanted a saz. They're not that expensive, and you can do stuff like this with them:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_OdUhyfNg

    I'm sure she'd be great at it.

    ReplyDelete